Friday, February 17, 2006

Back from galavanting

One of the best things about living in New Zealand is how close we are to a lot of forest and the ocean. Wandering a mere 5 minutes walk from where I lived, I was able to get up close and personal with quite a bit of nature. Although I failed to take a camera on this occasion, the trip was quite productive including finding some species of sheetweb spider that I had never seen before. Perhaps the most interesting encounter was climbing over a rock only to be two feet away from a very large seal, which gave one of us at least quite a considerable fright.

In any event, while I have been resting off this delightful trip, it turns out that the 28th skeptics circle has been posed over at Unused and Probably Unusable. So if you've been itching to read some skeptical writing, I would certainly head on over there and indulge.